¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

lunes, 6 de febrero de 2017

Let us all wear this Crown of Lies


I've discovered a new goddess to worship, my book buddies :-) I'm ecstatic! Here is one of the best dark romances I've read, 

CROWN OF LIES

the first part of a duet, but do not fret, the second part will be availabe February, 28th.


Full Blurb
“I met the man I wanted. But then he vanished, and a new man claimed me instead. My father approved, my colleagues congratulated, and behind closed doors, I was bedded by a stranger.”

Noelle Charlston lives a fairy-tale life: a doting father, a powerful job, and a future blessed with financial security.

However, two meetings with two men changes her happy existence forever. First, she meets the man who makes her heart sing. Three years later, she meets the man who makes her blood quiver.

Broken-hearted from a teenage romance, Noelle’s freedom is no longer hers. It belongs to the stranger her father believes is her perfect match. The stranger who pulls his lies over everyone he touches.
Including her.

Seduced and manipulated, Noelle gives into the mysterious Penn Everett. The lies he spins, the truth he hides, the mystery he weaves—it’s all enough to slowly erode the woman she is and turn her into something else.
Until her past collides with her present.
And it’s her turn to lie.

To everyone…including herself.



MY OPINION

`A fling with danger and so many layers of it´

Superb writing and a storyline that sucked me into a vortex of hypnotic intensity.

This is my first time with Pepper Winters. I-am-obsessed.

The main character, Elle, lives in a world of luxury, but she's also a slave to it. When she tries to have a taste of freedom, she succumbs to horror and ecstasy at the same time. i loved that part. It's strong and inspires so much empathy, and goosebumps.

I also loved Sage. What a unique character. You have to meet her :-D

Then, there comes a part of manipulation and utter seduction. She's a spitfire, and the man who tries to tame her is astute and ruthless. Chapter 14 is fantastic! Those dialogues sputtering with electricity, that chemistry that could explode at any moment.

The things that happen are just phenomenal.

A decadent pact. Soul-crushing eroticism. I never understood the real depth behind a woman's surrender to a man's domination. I think Elle's story helped me with that, even though she's a true fighter and survivor. Her world of restraints and sacrifices lead her to a knight of the night.

My mind was on fire as much as my body. I haven't seen battles of wills like those two engage in. Brutal, challenging, intoxicating battles of lust and provocation.

Admittedly, I hated Penn's reaction towards Elle after a very heated, heartbreaking encounter, and I couldn't understand Elle's eagerness after he mistreats her so badly. Yet the connection felt incredibly potent, and the relationship worked like a mysterious drug.

For a duet, the first part is long and extremely developed. It pulses with deceit, vicious and wicked sensuality, and an atrocious cliffhanger for a heroine that's as privileged as she is a victim of violence and lies. I really have to read Throne of Truth or I'll never recover from this masterful dark romance.

 ******
Crown of Lies is NOW LIVE!




ABOUT THE MASTERMIND 

Pepper Winters wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex... her books have sex.

She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts up with her love affair with her book boyfriends.

STALK Pepper: Website | Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Goodreads

I'm very happy that I could participate in this tour thanks to TRSOR Promotions. It's easy to be a reader who blogs this way ;-)

Have a great week! xoxox


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario